Sunday, December 1, 2013

Colorado Wedding Photographer | Photography FAQ's




I get a lot of emails asking lots of questions about my business, photography, what kind of camera  I use etc. So I wanted to start a FAQ series to answer some of these questions for everyone!

Here is the first edition of FAQ


Q: What kind of Camera do you use?
A: Trevor and I both shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III! I LOVE IT!
I started with a Canon 40D and then upgraded to a 7D Before I purchased the Mark III. 

Q: What editing software do you use? 
A: I use both Lightroom and Photoshop! 

Q:What lenses do you recommend for Portraits?
A: For just starting out I totally recommend getting a 50mm 1.8 (or 1.4/1.2) 
I promise you will fall in love ;)

Q:What advice do you give new photographers when choosing photography equipment but are not established enough to make large purchases?
A: I have totally been there! Everyone starts somewhere! 2 things I would say: First, learn your camera front and back and once you feel like it starts holding you back that's when its time to upgrade. I think (especially if you are photographing weddings) you really need to have reliable and adequate equipment for the job. So if you don't have the work to support your gear habit (lets face it, you will ALWAYS want more gear) Than my 2nd advice is to rent! I actually still rent equipment. My favorite place to rent from is www.lensrentals.com but you can also try www.borrowlenses.com. Its also a good way to test out gear before you buy!!

Q: When you export your files out of Lightroom what are your settings? Do you have two different settings, one for when you are going to print the picture, and one when you are going to post on FB or a blog? 
A:My settings exporting from lightroom are: Long Edge 5000 pixels Resolution: 300 pixels per inch.
 I export the same no matter if I am using it for blog or FB or giving to clients. However I use a program called BlogStomp to resize for FB and Blog :)


Q: Have you ever done a shoot and gone home and felt like your images are never good enough. Is this a normal thing? 
A: I love this question because I think its not talked about enough. YES! this is totally normal! I think we have a desire for our images to look exactly how we see in our head and in the beginning before we master our camera and really know how things work we sometimes can't seem to make the images be how we want. Then there are just days where lets face it, you just feel like you suck! Know that this has happened even to the best photographers I know! Most the time when I feel this way my clients still LOVE their images. If you want to talk more about this, please reach out to me. But I think it helps to know you're not alone, and just continue to master your craft and go above and beyond to make your clients happy! We are our own worst critique. 

Thanks to everyone who sent in questions!! You can always email me if you have any other questions!  I will be doing this again sometime for sure! :) 



<3 Rhema



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive